Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Yard Long beans.....


I planted some Italian yard long beans, sometimes called "Asparagus beans".   They are so yummy!    We have had them in several meals, including dinner tonight.  I couldn't imagine looking at them that they would have such great flavor, but they do.   I haven't canned them yet, since I only planted about 12 seeds, but If I can figure out where to grow more of them next year, I will try.   Since they are climbers, I am limited on where I can out them.   They are from www.tmseeds.com

 I also grew Lazy wife Beans,(not pictured) that I got from http://comstockferre.com/ (free shipping with orders of $5 or more, which is awesome!) this year, and I have been impressed with both of these.
  
                                        
                                         Yardlong bean almost 25 inches long....

No comments:

Post a Comment