Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Economic Turmoil+Harvest+work=Summer garden stress

Does anybody ever feel stressed about harvesting?    I mean on one hand I feel incredibly blessed, and see God's goodness in that I have food and access to food, but find it a challenge to manage my work, my house work, the gardens, meals, the kids, and life in general.  My abounding blessings cause great stress for me.   But upon closer examination, I have decided that I spend less time in the morning in prayer  when I am so busy and less time in the Bible, and I think that there is a direct correlation between that!

  Especially in consideration of the economic turmoil, I don't want to waste a thing, so I have found that my stress levels run high this time of year because I cannot get everything done that I want to.

Does this economic turmoil and the way grocery prices are inflating, make anyone else a little stressed out about getting all their harvest put up.    I normally find canning and cooking relaxing, but for some reason, the sense of urgency I feel towards getting my food processed is more intense.

How about you?  Are you relaxed and enjoying every minute, or are you trying to put up food, and feeling a bit tired and overwhelmed by the time it requires?

No comments:

Post a Comment