Thursday, July 21, 2011

Have you ever heard the corn grow..........?

Mom, can you please come play?
No I am getting a couple weeds, in a little while I will.....
15 minutes later.....

Hey mom....


Mom, can you please come play now?
No I am still working on these weeds, I will in a few minutes.....
10 minutes later.....

mom....

Mom, can you please come play?
I am working, just a few more:)
3 minutes later.....

Hey mom...Can you please put down that hoe and come have some fun for a few minutes? ....PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASE???

Ok..... I am coming right now!!!......

It is hard to find a balance and make sure that I am squeezing in some quality fun with the boys and for me too!!!    Yet not being too indulgent in their wants, and still getting what I need to done.   Anyone else catch themselves missing chances to enjoy themselves with their kids while they work the summer away?   It makes me wonder how much our grandparents stopped to play, or if it was all work.     It seems it is hard to do both sometimes.....but I know they were wise enough to take breaks because......

My grandma told me 2 or 3 years ago that if you listen close in the summer when the corn is really growing quick, you can hear it grow, she said it is almost "whistle"like, as a whole field grows and pushes up towards the sky, and that you can hear it. I never have, but I want to!    I have that on my mental bucket list.......   I want to be sure to take enough time to not miss the beauty in it all!  

I sometimes work to the "burn out" point, and my grandpa says, it is indeed important to take breaks, and not tire out!

What things do you do to make sure you take enough breaks to stop and hear, smell and enjoy it all?



No comments:

Post a Comment